Using CarotDAV with TeraCLOUD
What is CarotDAV
CarotDAV is a free WebDAV client for Windows. It also supports FTP, FTPS and other protocols and cloud services.
You can upload and download files by connecting to TeraCLOUD and manage them with the Explorer-like familiar screen. It also features Auto Split, an automatic file dividing tool, and therefore it is more fast and easy to upload large files.
CarotDAV can be downloaded here .
*To turn on or off connections to TeraCLOUD from applications, it is required to configure from My Page. More details can be found here .
We confirmed the ability to connect CarotDAV and TeraCLOUD, as well as the download and upload capabilities, but we cannot guarantee the application's total functionality. Be sure to save a copy of your TeraCLOUD data in a separate location before trying this application.
- If your Apps Password is reissued, it is necessary to reconfigure the password for the connected account.
- Please direct all inquiries regarding the application to its vendor.
- TeraCLOUD does not impose any restrictions on data uploads, but depending on your environment, you may be unable to upload large files.
Set up TeraCLOUD for CarotDAV
The below examples are using CarotDAV 1.16.1
Depending on the user's application version, the screen results may vary.
Clicked the installed version of CarotDAV.
- Click "New Connection"
- Select "WebDAV"
Enter the following information listed below and click "Test."
|Setting Name||Enter a username |
Username should be something that is easy to remember (ex. TeraCLOUD)
|URL||Enter your WebDAV Connection URL |
* While Apps Connection is turned on , your WebDAV Connection URL can be confirmed from My Page .
Reference: How do I access and view My Page (account information confirmation page)？
|Integrated Windows Authentication||Do not check.|
|Don't save Username and Password||Check if you do not want to save the your username and password.|
|Username||Enter your Connection ID. |
|Password||Enter your Apps Password. |
* If you forget your password, please reissue in these steps.
It may take several minutes for external programs to accept newly reissued app credentials. If an error notice appears shortly after reissuing your password, please wait a few minutes before attempting to reconnect.
If the test was successful, an empty message box will appear.
TeraCLOUD has been successfully connected to CarotDAV.
Connect to TeraCLOUD
Upload a file
- User environment
- Internet line
- File Size
- Number of files being uploaded
About split upload
Since CarotDAV supports division uploading, it is possible to split and upload large files by setting.
- There are divided files on TeraCLOUD.
- With CarotDAV, it is possible to combine split files and download them.
- Depending on the size of the split, so many files are uploaded to TeraCLOUD.
- It is recommended that CarotDAV dedicated folder be created and used in TeraCLOUD.
- Using this function may cause trouble. Please use at your own risk.
Updated June 2, 2021