Share Files and folders from TeraCLOUD
As of January 2021, files and folders may be shared from the TeraCLOUD File Browser.
The sharing is available to all TeraCLOUD users (both paid and free account holders).
The following features are available from the desktop and mobile versions of the File Browser:
- Share a single file (create a share link)
- Share a folder (create a share link)
- Set an access phrase required to download a file and show a folder
- View a list of shared items
- Setting sharing permissions
- Read only:
When the shared person accesses the share link, they can only view and download the files in the folder.
- Allowed to write (can be set only for paid account ) :When the shared person accesses the shared link, in addition to viewing and downloading the files in the folder, they can upload, delete, and overwrite files. When a shared person uploads a file to a folder, it consumes the storage space of the owner of the folder.
Setting an access phrase is required.
- Read only:
- Stop sharing a file and a folder
For more information on how to use file sharing, click here.
Further enhancements to sharing are under development. Stay tuned for announcements of the following upgrades via email and this website:
- Time-limited (expiring) shares
- View download history and statistics for shared files
- Limit download access to specified TeraCLOUD accounts
- Copy shared data directly to your TeraCLOUD account
Updated January 14, 2021