Share files and folders with TeraCLOUD
Files and folders can be shared from TeraCLOUD's File Browser as of January 2021.
Sharing is available to both free and paid TeraCLOUD account users.
Anyone, whether or not they have a TeraCLOUD account, can access and download shared files and folders.
Click here for instructions on how to access/download a shared file or folder if you do not have a TeraCLOUD account.
File and folder sharing features
The following features are available from the desktop and mobile versions of the File Browser:
- Files can be shared (with a share link)
- Folders can be shared (with a share link)
- Set an access phrase to download files or display select folders.
- Capability of viewing the inventory of shared items.
- Sharing authorization details and settings
- Read only: Users who have access to the shared URL can view and download files.
- Only premium accounts have access to the ability to write and modify. The recipient of the shared links has complete permission to upload, delete, and overwrite files in addition to viewing and downloading them. The original owner of the folder will lose storage space as a result of all uploads from the recipient.
- It is necessary to create an authorization phrase in order to use this functionality.
- File and folder sharing can be turned off at any moment.
For more information on how file sharing works, click here.
Improvements of sharing features are being developed right now:
- Time-limited (expiring) shares
- View download history and statistics for shared files
- Limit download access to specified TeraCLOUD accounts
- Copy shared data directly to your TeraCLOUD account
Follow TeraCLOUD on social media and visit our homepage frequently to stay up to date on all future TeraCLOUD news and announcements.
Less than 1 minute to register!
Works with Windows, Mac, iOS and Android
Updated June 24, 2022