How to connect GoodSync 11 with TeraCLOUD
* This document explains how to use GoodSync 11 with TeraCLOUD. If you use GoodSync 10, please check here.
What is GoodSync?
GoodSync is a sync client software for Windows and macOS. Its high-performance functions allow for users to back up and synchronize their data.
GoodSync is in charge of a "Job," which is a backup or sync task. This page will guide users how to link GoodSync to TeraCLOUD and back up or sync your files.
* To turn on or off connections to TeraCLOUD from applications, it is required to configure from My Page. More details can be found here.
- We have confirmed the ability of GoodSync 11 to connect with TeraCLOUD and back up files: One Way Sync, but this does not amount to a full guarantee of software's functionality.
- Synchronization of Jobs may delete or overwrite files on your device and TeraCLOUD, so unintended deletion or overwriting of data may occur depending on the settings. Be sure to save a copy of your TeraCLOUD data in a separate location before trying this application.
- If your Apps Password is reissued, it is necessary to reconfigure the password for the connected account.
- Please direct all inquiries regarding GoodSync to the software vendor.
- TeraCLOUD does not impose any restrictions on data uploads, but depending on your environment, you may have difficulty uploading large files.
How to use
Back up local data to TeraCLOUD.
- Enter a job name.
- Select "Backup" as the job type.
- Click "OK"
|Server Address||Enter your WebDAV Connection URL but only the domain part (ex. sample.teracloud.jp).|
* While Apps Connection is turned on, your WebDAV Connection URL can be confirmed from My Page.
Reference: How do I access and view My Page (account information confirmation page)？
|WebDAV root (optional)||Enter "/dav/" here.|
|UserId or Email||Enter your Connection ID.|
|Password||Enter your Apps Password.|
* If you forget your password, please reissue in these steps.
|Secure Connection||Check the box.|
It may take several minutes for external programs to accept newly reissued app credentials. If an error notice appears shortly after reissuing your password, please wait a few minutes before attempting to reconnect.
Backup jobs perform one-way synchronization. If the box left checked, your files or folders backed up on TeraCLOUD are deleted when you delete same files or folders on your PC. Please be careful when you use as backup.
Set up Auto Job
Auto Jobs run synchronization to back up automatically when particular events occur or at a specified time. This page only explains basic settings of Auto Job. Advanced or detailed information can be found on GoodSync's official website or contact to GoodSync Support.
|On File Change||Runs analysis and synchronization when any file on the job changed.|
|On Folders Connect||Runs analysis and synchronization when left and right folders of the job become connected.|
|On GoodSync start||Runs analysis and synchronization when GoodSync is launched.|
|Periodically (On Timer), every||Periodically runs analysis and synchronization every specified hours and minutes.|
|On Logoff||Runs analysis and synchronization just before you log off or relaunch PC.|
|On Schedule||Runs analysis and synchronization every specified time unit values (month, day of the month, day of the week, hour, minute).|
Activate GoodSync License
License activation of GoodSync 11 enables to use all features of GoodSync.
* Your screen may differ from those depicted here, depending on your application and operating system version.
Updated June 2, 2021