Using Air Explorer with TeraCLOUD
What is Air Explorer?
Air Explorer is a client software for Windows and macOS devices. Its interface design has high usability and you can transfer data on your device to TeraCLOUD with detailed sync settings.
This document explains how to set up Air Explorer and connect with TeraCLOUD.
* To turn on or off connections to TeraCLOUD from applications, it is required to configure from My Page. More details can be found here.
- We have confirmed the ability of Air Explorer to connect with TeraCLOUD and transfer files, but this does not amount to a full guarantee of software's functionality.
- Synchronization of Jobs may delete or overwrite files on your device and TeraCLOUD, so unintended deletion or overwriting of data may occur depending on the settings. Because of this, we don't recommend the two-way synchronization. Be sure to save a copy of your TeraCLOUD data in a separate location before trying this application.
- If your Apps Password is reissued, it is necessary to reconfigure the password for the connected account.
- Please direct all inquiries regarding Air Explorer to the software vendor.
How to use
Connect to TeraCLOUD
2. Register your TeraCLOUD account
- Click the "TeraCLOUD" icon.
- Enter your WebDAV connection information.
- Click the "OK" button.
User IDs and Passwords are case sensitive.
|User||Enter your Connection ID.|
|Password||Enter your Apps Password.* If you forget your password, please reissue using these steps.|
It may take several minutes for external programs to accept newly issued app credentials. If an error notice appears shortly after reissuing your password, please wait a few minutes before attempting to reconnect.
- Click your TeraCLOUD account on the right pane to connect.
- To confirm your connect accounts, click the "Account" button on the top tab menu.
Each connected cloud has different available features depending on the cloud service. The features you can use in connected TeraCLOUD accounts can be checked on the FAQ page of Air Explorer.
Copy files between local and TeraCLOUD
1. Select the copy source file.
Open your local directory by clicking "This PC" on either of the panels.
*At this time, you can also select multiple items.
2. Set the copy destination.
Open your TeraCLOUD on the other panel.
3. Click the arrow icon between the panels.
Select the arrow icon depending on the copy direction. (ex. When you copy the file on the left panel to the directory displayed on the right one, select the rightward arrow icon.)
4. The copy process will begin.
The progress will be displayed on the lower side of the window.
5. The copy completed.
The file will be copied to the specified directory on TeraCLOUD.
- You can copy the data on TeraCLOUD to a local directory in a similar way.
- Not only files but also folders can be copied.
- It supports the "Copy/Paste" tool in the right-click menu when selecting items, as well as drag and drop for copying.
- You can also paste the copied data on the cloud directly into the file manager of your device or on your desktop.
Backup your data
1. Select source
- Select "This PC" on the left.
- Open the directory where the backup source data is stored.
2. Select destination
- Click your TeraCLOUD account on the right side.
- Select the backup destination.
3. Open the "Synchronization" tab
- Click "Current Folders" from "Synchronize" from the drop down menu.
4. Select a synchronization method
- For backup, select "Update" and click the "OK" button.
We do not recommend using the bidirectional method because it may cause unintended deletion or overwriting of data.
- Click "Compare" to load the selected file(s).
- Confirm the displayed file(s) are correct.
- Click "Start"
- The synchronization will begin.
- Progress can be viewed from the "Status" column on the right side of the screen.
- A display message will appear, click the "OK" button.
- Click the "Close" button on the "Synchronize Window"
- The local data will be backed up to the specified destination.