This page is automatically translated.
Using WinSCP with TeraCLOUD
What is WinSCP
WinSCP is an open source FTP / SFTP / SCP / WebDAV client software compatible with Windows. You can upload files and download them.
Here, we will show you how to set WinSCP and connect to TeraCLOUD.
Download WinSCP here
* To turn on or off connections to TeraCLOUD from applications, it is required to configure from My Page. More details can be found here.
- At our company, WinSCP and TeraCLOUD are connected and it is confirmed that you can download / upload the file, but it does not guarantee the complete operation of the application.
- Be sure to save a copy of your TeraCLOUD data in a separate location before trying this application.
- If your Apps Password is reissued, it is necessary to reconfigure the password for the connected account.
- Please direct all inquiries regarding the application to its vendor.
- TeraCLOUD does not impose any restrictions on data uploads, but depending on your environment, you may be unable to upload large files.
1. Start WinSCP.
To make a new connection setting, click "New Site".
2. Set the session as follows.
|Encryption||TLS/SSL Implicit encryption|
|Host name||Enter your WebDAV Connection URL but only the domain part (ex. https://sample.teracloud.jp/dav/).|
* While Apps Connection is turned on, your WebDAV Connection URL can be confirmed from My Page.
Reference: How do I access and view My Page (account information confirmation page)？
|User name||Enter your Connection ID.|
|Password||Enter your Apps Password.|
* If you forget your password, please reissue in these steps.
When you finish inputting, click "Setting" to open the detailed setting screen.
3. "Directory" setting
Click on the directory, enter / dav / in the remote directory, and click "OK".
4. Click Save.
5. Optionally set the session name and click "OK".
To save the password, check "Save Password".
6. Click "Login" to connect to TeraCLOUD.
7. The local directory is displayed on the left side, the directory of TeraCLOUD on the right side is displayed.
1. Select upload data
Select the file / folder you want to upload from the local directory to TeraCLOUD and click "upload" or drag & drop it to the right side.
2. Confirm upload settings
When uploading by clicking "Upload", the upload setting dialog will be displayed. Confirm the setting and click "OK".
Dialogs are not displayed when uploading using drag & drop.
3. Start upload
The transfer begins and the progress of the upload is displayed.
4. Upload complete
In the TeraCLOUD directory (on the right), the file / folder you selected earlier has been uploaded.
1. Select download data
From TeraCLOUD, select the file / folder you want to download to the local directory and click "Download".
Alternatively, drag & drop the file / folder to the local directory (left side).
2. Confirm download setting
When downloading by clicking "download", the download setting dialog is displayed. Confirm the setting and click "OK".
Dialogs are not displayed when downloading using drag & drop.
3. Start download
The transfer begins and the progress of the download is displayed.
4. Completion of download
In the local directory (on the left), the file / folder you selected earlier is downloaded.
The screen display may differ depending on the version.
Updated June 2, 2021